Deacon's Outdoor Adventure 2021 - July 14 -17
Deacon's Outdoor Adventure Video Slideshow
Membership: Young Men of the Bloomfield Hills Michigan Stake and Farmington Hills Stake of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, or friends of Bloomfield Hills Michigan Stake Youth. Friends must be approved by the stake member’s bishop in order to attend.
Ages: Deacon age young men, 11-12 years old. 13 year old boys are welcome. If older than 13, please contact a member of the Stake Young Men's Presidency for approval.
Registration: Each participant must register on-line (with a parent present) (youth CLICK HERE; and fill out the Standards Contract, Photo Release &Permission & Waiver forms which are part of the electronic registration process. Registration must be completed by July 4th.
NOTICE: Parents must be willing to pick up their child if they symptoms of Coronavirus
- When is Deacon's Outdoor Adventure? - July 14-17, 2021
- Who can attend? - See the Eligibility information to the left.
- What is the cost? $125
- How do I make payment? Please fill out a tithing slip (physical only. The online system will not accept OTHER donations for this activity) and use the "OTHER" category. Please give your payment to a member of your Ward/Branch Bishopric and write in "Deacon's Outdoor Adventure" so your Bishopric knows what the funds are for.
- What should I bring? - CLICK HERE for the Personal Equipment List
- Where do I get the permission slip? It is part of the online registration. You will fill it out during the registration process.
- How do I register? - Youth CLICK HERE to register ALL REGISTRATIONS ARE ELECTRONIC. No youth will be able to attend without a valid registration. Please register by June 27th.
- Check In/Check out: Parents will need to have their youth at the Kensington Metro Park Group Camp by 8:30am on Wednesday and pick them up at 1:00pm on Saturday. CLICK HERE for a map to the group camp.
- What are the sleeping arrangements? We will be camping in tents, so participants will be responsible for bringing their own camping equipment. Due to COVID and social distancing requirements, no youth or adults may share a tent unless they are in the same family. If you need camping equipment, please contact your ward/branch youth leadership to help make arrangements.
- What is the address of where you will be holding Deacons Outdoor Adventure? Kensington Metro Park Group Camp: Group Camp Road, Milford MI 48380. CLICK HERE to map your location.
- What are the transportation arrangements? Parents are responsible for getting their youth to the Deacon's Camp site. Due to COVID restrictions and current Church guidelines, we are unable to carpool or offer rides but you are free to arrange carpool and rides yourself. We recognize that the restrictions are changing on an ongoing basis. We will follow Church guidelines in effect at the time of Deacon's Outdoor Adventure. If the current guideline changes, we will update this page.